Sunday, March 23, 2014

Andrew Scored His First 2 Goals

Andrew Killin 23 March 2014
Interesting day today. Andrew was sick, (in a bad mood all day), yet he took the ice and at the beginning, he looked awful. I didn't see any energy. I thought he didn't have enough to eat. Then he left the ice. He threw-up and I asked him if he was okay. I told him I would run downstairs to McDonald's to get him a chicken sandwich,…when I came back, everyone told me that Andrew scored two times. Great…I missed it. Oh well.  He and a bunch of his hockey buddies raced the circumference  of the ice (outside edge and from end to end…no cheating)…He skated in 17.1 seconds and now holds a slight lead on two of his other buddies also in the mid to high 17's. He then skated backward. He came in 3rd. So, he has work to do on the backward skating speed.

Andrew was skating down the ice with one hand on the stick and he was starting to poke check. Still, doesn't like to chase someone down to take the puck away, and in a scrum, will either pass up the puck, lose his balance and sometimes fall down. He did go to the corners and fight for the puck though. So, the progress is nice to see, even though I missed the goals…SHUCKS!!!!!.

After Practice…Haikal and Raifa fighting for the puck. Egbert in the rear. Andrew (left) waiting for action.



No comments:

Post a Comment