Monday, April 14, 2014

Andrew Marking Up The Hallways

I was unfortunate and unable to go to Andrews practice this Sunday for I was abroad. However, this week, I got to play a little hallway hockey with Andrew. He's tearing up the hallway with black smudge marks from the tape. He watched Sean Skinners tape on puck handling and stick handling. So, he was out practicing his maneuvers. As an eight year old he needs to focus a bit more, but you can see the effort and the desire there. He TRULY needs good hockey coaching which he is unable to get here in Jakarta. But, we will try our best with what we have available to us. I heard Andrew scored again. He's starting to score with regularity now. That is good, however we still need him to gain focus on the important elements of the game. Maybe at this age, it is too young, however, I don't think it is. Because he has the desire, concentrating more on what he loves to do will be a bit easier than let's say……Math. hehehehe (well it's true. He hate's math). In a few weeks Andrew will be part of a little show that The Sky Rink is putting on. I don't know what the celebration is, but it has something to do with the "World Cup"…hmmmmm, skating representing the World Cup. This should be interesting. The only reason Andrew wishes to participate is because his friends are going to be there, as well. We are looking at buying Andrew some advanced equipment to help further develop his game. I would also like to buy some "training tools/equipment" for him, to help him when he is by himself. This is the only review I've written without a video or pics (because of my lack of attendance), but next week I should be back on track to writing more interesting material.

No comments:

Post a Comment